Actually, this is not just a student question. I get this question a lot, understandably.
There are a few reasons why I chose to start with the MBA.
- MBA programmes are obsessed with diversity. They are looking to recruit outstanding students from Africa, but very few make it through the process.
- There are unsecured, international student loans available for the MBA that are not available for other subjects.
- There are also a wide range of scholarships available at Business Schools and for masters programmes.
- The focus on work experience during the MBA application means applicants do not have to convert their high school marks.
- There is a whole industry of MBA advisers and test prep companies in most countries. Students from Africa are at a disadvantage.
- Ok, I am really bias here, but MBAs have the ability to make a big impact in their communities and globally. Africa needs good leaders to tackle our problems